Listen on Spotify
Listen on Apple Podcasts
Jim Horne is a founding Partner of Strategos Group Public Affairs, a private consulting firm specializing in education and healthcare. Jim has spent his career advocating for various education initiatives and companies and has a deep background in the legislative process.
- Attended Florida State University, where he earned a degree in Accounting.
- Elected into the Florida Senate in 1994 where he led education policy and budget reform, creating national industry models.
- Served as the State of Florida’s first appointed Commissioner of Education under Governor Bush.
- Tapped by Governor Jeb Bush in 2001 to implement the most robust education reforms in the inaugural K-20 education system.
- Responsible for overseeing the distribution of the entire PreK-20 budget of nearly $20 billion dollars.